Last updated: December 15, 2019.
Medical data you save with the app is not shared with third parties and never will.
Depending of the version you are using, the app may require permissions to access your contacts, get your location, make phone calls and send SMS. Permissions are requested to enable app features:
- Accessing your contacts is required to create contact links in the “Medical Notes” section.
- The permission to make phone calls enables quick calls from your lock screen.
- The send SMS permission allows sending automated SMS alerts in case of emergencies (available with the premium version only).
- The request to get your location is required to:
- use the activity that shows your current location estimation from your lock screen.
- show nearby hospitals with Google Maps.
- include your GPS location and address estimation with SMS alerts.
- occasionally share your anonymized location with third-parties when you use the free version of the app only (you can opt-out at anytime).
Medical ID may collect, use, and share User location Data in order to provide location-based services. Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt out from this feature by default.
Personal Data collected: anonymous geographic position.
Displaying content from external platforms
Medical ID allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this app and interact with them. This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Google Maps widget (Google Inc.)
Google Maps is a maps visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows Medical ID to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
To help us fix bugs and improve the app, we may collect the following information on an anonymous basis: Operating System, Date & time, Latitude, Longitude, Accuracy (GPS), SSID (network), BSSID (network), Internal MAC address (network), Bundle ID, Device Model, Device Manufacturer, Carrier Code (Android only), Carrier Name, Sim Code, Country, and Locale.
With the free version of the app only, and upon your consent, the anonymous information above is shared with third parties for their business purposes, including the creation of reports, market research, trend analysis, personalized advertising and business analytics. Data shared does not contain information from which users can be identified and we will not provide additional information to such third parties that enables such third parties to identify you. Furthermore, your medical data is not shared with third-parties and never will.
Here is the list of third-parties that may receive anonymous, non-medical data (as described above), when you give your consent and with the free version of the app only:
Please note you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
Data Protection Officer
Medical ID designated a Data Protection Officer (DPO), as required by GDPR:
Laurent Pellegrino Email: [email protected] Phone: +33665262907 Address: 1 Chemin des rosiers, 06800 Cagnes-sur-mer, France
Changes to this privacy
If you have any question, you may contact [email protected].